Thursday, August 10, 2006

Red Shoes, the Angel Wants to Wear Her Red Shoes

Sorry for the Elvis Costello reference, but that's the best I can do to explain Lauren's latest purchase. Unhappy with her performance footwear, my lovely wife went down to Ute Mountaineering and demanded a shoe that could keep up with her aggressive new lifestyle. She scoffed at Saucany, pshawed Pumas, and mocked Mizunos. Only the Salomon XA Comps, commonly referred to as "trail tanks" to those in the know, were shoe enough for her.

Let me be the first to tell you, these shoes are the real deal. They come with a Gore-Tex outer, so your feet stay dry even if crossing a stream. The lace locks are standard, so you need never be bothered again with such a menial task as tying your shoes. And most impressively, if Lauren clicks her heels together three times, the shoes magically transport her to the Fares Christmas party, regardless of the time of year. Or maybe the salesperson just made that last part up to close her hundred dollar sale. You never can tell with those people.

7 comments:

  1. Lauren,
    I love those shoes! That is pretty crazy that they can even bring you back to PA...well you can believe they can:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, you are going to be so fit when you come home! I'm so jealous! (for the fit part...not for the effort it is taking you to do so...haha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lauren is going to give me a run for the money when she comes home- I better start hiking the trails at mercer county:) do they compare???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I'll lose the 20 pounds I put on from eating all the laffy taffy, pretzels, and Cheese Nips on the car ride here! :) Keep the comments coming...I love hearing back from you guys! -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shoes! Glad you enjoyed the trail- yeah, I walked around Uncle John and Aunt Rosemary's block a few times yesterday while Caitlyn was being tutored- don't kid yourself it wasn't as easy as it sounds- I almost fell into a huge pot hole - could have been tragic- contrary to popular belief- the terrain on the East Coast can be p-r-e-t-t-y dangerous! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lauren & tony,I will definitely keep walking the treadmill to get in shape for the hiking. Order me a pair of magic shoes in pink.
    love mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I am back! For a while there I was under the weather. All I have been doing is sleeping,sitting on the beach, and swimming. There is nothing like natures natural cure of the warm sea water to cure the common cold. [side bar-No eating fish yet Tony]. Oh yea, and also the color of the bathing suits kind of lifted my spirits also.
    Lauren, I love those shoes.

    ReplyDelete