Thursday, August 10, 2006

Hike #1: The Grottos

There's your Jersey girl, posing on a bridge traversing the Roaring Fork River. Fully equipped with hiking shoes, a North Face backpack, and a Camelback hydration system, Lauren was ready to take on her first high-altitude hike as an Aspen local: the Grottos.

Starting at 9,000 feet and climbing gently, the Grottos has it all -- pools, ice caves, overlooks, forests, rock cliffs, and as you will see below, beautiful waterfalls. Lauren and I got going at around 9 AM on a bluebird morning, making the drive up Independence Pass until we hit the Grottos trailhead.

Her confidence soaring, Lauren cancelled her plans for a mid-morning pedicure and instead insisted on moving on to our second hike...

3 comments:

  1. hi guys, what amazing pictures-cant wait to see for ourselves- it is nice to see lauren out of the overalls!
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am sure everyone is glad to see me out of those overalls. I bet they could have done the hike with us today they are so dirty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony, I love hearing about your adventures! And Lauren, I admire your desire to enjoy the "life of Tony." I have to admit...thank God Dean is more of a sofa-adventurous type-of-guy. haha

    ReplyDelete