Friday, August 11, 2006

The Just Rewards

And this is why you don all that funny gear. Views like this. Today's trail run literally left from our back yard (that's something I've always dreamed about being able to do, by the way). A steep descent and 1 mile on a dirt path (think canal path at home) led me to the turn off for the SunnySide trail. From there, the run took a decided turn in the direction of UP.

Out of shape as I am, I was only able to climb around 900 feet before I met my pre-determined turn-around time. I believe there was another 1,000 feet or so until the summit, but as you can see, even from my stopping point, the views were remarkable.

If you look to the back center of the photo, you can see Aspen Highlands ski area in all its lush summer green. The ski trails are clearly visible. To the far left, you can begin to make out the Aspen (Ajax) ski area. As I progress along this climb, I'm told the summit view gives you a downward vantage point on the entire city of Aspen. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment