Thursday, September 21, 2006

I Think You Hear Me Knocking, And I Think I'm Coming In, And I'm Bringing My Genetic Freak of A First Baseman With Me




By "me" I mean my beloved Philadelphia Phillies of course. I realize this post has zero to do with life in Aspen, but today's events are just too darned important to ignore. As of 1:13 AM this morning the Phillies, led by a rejuvenated pitching staff and Mr. Howard's ridiculous run at the single-season home-run record amongst players not ingesting copious amounts of horse testosterone, are now TIED for the Wild Card lead with the quickly-sinking Dodgers.

With four games remaining at home (3 Fla, 1 Hou) and six on the road (3 Wash, 3 Fla), the Fightin's don't play another team with a winning record. Could we be watching the Phillies in October for the first time since 1993?

3 comments:

  1. How 'bout those METS!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. buffalo wing buddy---E graySeptember 22, 2006 at 9:15 AM

    I see you changed "basement" to "baseman"....wasn't going to point that out, but with the cheerleader comment....I had to bust some balls. Sure miss you tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh...the joys of being anal retentive and re-reading posts. It means rarely getting caught in a typo.

    ReplyDelete